What is Bikram Yoga?
Bikram Yoga is a challenging 90 minute series of 26 postures (asanas) and 2 breathing exercises in a heated climate that provides the body with a complete system of wellness, restoration and rejuvenation. What makes Bikram yoga system unique is the sequence in which the poses are done. Each posture forms the perfect basis for the next, warming and stretching the appropriate muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Bikram's Beginning Yoga class systematically moves fresh, oxygenated blood to 100 percent of each practitioners body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to their most vital capacity. Our Express and Silent classes focus on breath as do the 90 minute classes. You will love the combination of classes available to you.
What is Sculpt Yoga?
Hot Sculpt is a form of Hatha Yoga where you focus on upper body and core strength using weights in a heated room. The combination of Bikram and Sculpt will shape your body and improve your focus. Our sculpt class builds endurance, bone density and improves your balance. We provide light free weights to enhance the technique of traditional asana, however, using the weights is always optional.
Benefits of the Heat:
- Promotes sweating, which assists the detoxification process using the largest organ of elimination, the Skin.
- Blood becomes thinner, which clears the circulatory system. Capillaries are dilated, allowing oxygen into muscles, tissues, glands and organs, also aiding in removal of waste products.
- Muscles, fascia and connective tissue become elastic, lessening the chance of injury.
- When the body is between three and five degrees above the normal temperature, activity of the thymus gland is multiplied 20 fold. T cells fight infection, which ensures the immune system is functioning properly.
- Warmer temperatures produce a fluid-like stretch that allows for greater mobility of the joints.
- Heart Rate becomes elevated which improves the cardiovascular system.
- Improvement in your lymphatic system.
- Stimulates both sides of the brain to improve memory, learning, coordination and balance.
- Detoxifies every system in the body.